· The reason I became a stage designer was because of the love I developed for the theatre from a young age.
· The main challenge of this industry is all the competition.
· The main thing you need to succeed in this industry is a lot of ambition and a lot of skill.
· This job is mainly freelance which means you do not get a regular pay check.
· This means you need to be much disciplined in how you spend your money.
· 3D design is the subject area you need to base your expertise in.
· The pay can be very good for example if you work in film or TV you can make up to 500 pounds a week.
· You need to have a good agent who can help you find work.
· The good thing about this job is that you will never be doing the same thing twice or in the same place twice.
· You also need to be extremely creative to do this kind of work.
· The other good thing about this job is all the travel.
· This job can also give you very high levels of stress, this is due to all the responsibility you have.
· The biggest challenges include managing at times very tight budgets and deadlines and you also get no job security.
· The most important skill you need is good communication skills.